Sennheiser PXC 550 and Momentum 2 are two active noise cancelling headphones that often compared for their many similarities. It is true that both of them sound wonderful and comfortable but there are also some differences separate them from each other. If you want to know more about these headphones, go check our article below.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
– What are Sennheiser PXC 550 and Momentum 2
– What Sennheiser PXC 550 and Momentum 2 can offer to you
– Sennheiser PXC 550 vs Momentum 2
About Sennheiser PXC 550
Sennheiser PXC 550 is an active noise cancelling headphone that was released a few years ago around 2016. This headphone is the company entry into the premium market and rivaling another popular noise cancelling headphone Bose QC 35. Coming from Sennheiser, sound is the ultimate point in this headphone, but it also comes with many interesting additional features, such as customizable sound modes. If you want a dependable piece to isolate you from the rest of the world, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Sennheiser PXC 550 Abilities
Let’s talk about the sound first. Sennheiser PXC 550 is able to deliver a very good sound with a lovely firm bass, crisp and detailed mid-range as well as treble that do a great job in unpicking even densest or most cluttered of recordings. Despite being a close-back, there is a good sense of depth and width to the sound. In the noise cancelling ability, the headphone does a good job in blocking the noise of public transport and white noise of everyday life as well as no eerie silence like in Bose’s ANC headphones.
From the comfort, taken from CNET Sennheiser PXC 550 is very comfortable with enough padding to sit well on your ears. The headphone also light enough around 8 ounces, so you can wear it for hours before wanting to take it off.
About Sennheiser Momentum 2
Sennheiser Momentum 2 is one of the company most popular product. The headphone is the continuation of the original momentum that later changed into HD series for some reasons. Momentum 2 is also a noise cancelling headphone, so it will be the most beneficial when used by people who often spend their time in crowded environment like public transportation of open office. Since it has been released years ago, the price now is much lower making the headphone available for wider market.
Sennheiser Momentum 2 Abilities
As one of Sennheiser popular item, Sennheiser Momentum 2 is known to have a great quality. The sound hasn’t change from the previous generation and even though it is not marketed for the powerful bass, you can still feel how good it is without the muddying or over dominating bass like in Apple Beats headphones. The overall sound quality is warm and relax with present mids and reduced highs. In the noise cancelling, the headphone work just good even when used while commuting.
The Sennheiser Momentum 2 is compact and well-built as well as comfortable. The new larger cups sit perfectly in your ears giving it more comfortable feeling than its previous version even for those with larger ears. The lightweight making it suitable for many kind of activities like when used while exercising. For more similar headphone, go check our article on Sennheiser HD1 vs Momentum 2 here.
Now, let’s compare Sennheiser PXC 550 with Momentum 2. Both of them are noise cancelling headphones and work as great. The prominent difference between them is probably the design for Sennheiser PXC 550 is an on ear while Momentum 2 is an over ear. However, people said that the noise cancelling ability of PXC 550 is superior to Momentum 2 and it also has touchpad control. Another difference is you can switch on/off the noise cancelling in PXC 550 while Momentum 2 always play with noise cancelling on.
Sennheiser PXC 550 vs Momentum 2
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology in an ergonomically designed lightweight, comfortable and collapsible travel headset perfect for travel. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation ensures superior sound quality in every environment.
- Intuitive user control and convenience thanks for voice prompts, touch controls, NFC pairing, smart pause and automatic on/off.
- Triple microphone array delivers business class communications with exceptional vocal clarity..Sennheiser sound signature quality with selective sound modes to enhance the listening experience.
- Impedance:Active 490 Ohm/ Passive 46 Ohm. The PXC 550 wireless is fully compatible with CapTune, sennheiser's premium quality music player and powerful sound tuning app to perfectly adjust the feel of your music to your personal preference
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built-in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
- Its especially low profile was optimized for the use on mobile devices.Fitted with jack plugs on both ends, the cable is completely detachable and can be replaced if necessary.
All in all, the decision is all yours to make. In our opinion, both headphones are great but base in the simple comparison above, the Sennheiser PXC 550 is superior to Momentum 2, so if you are in for the price, we will highly recommend you Sennheiser PXC 550.