Using a headset at work is a fact of life for many people these days – especially if you work in one of those open-plan ‘cube farm’ offices. If you’re on the phone all day making lots of calls, or contributing to podcasts, you’ll understand the benefits of using a decent headset, especially in a noisy environment.
Jabra has been proved its products as one of the best seller headset in the market worldwide. Jabra has been produced various types of headset with different specifications. If you are confuse to pick one of the best, then reading through this article might help you to pick one between Jabra Evolves 75 and Evolves 80. Yes, it looks the same, but let’s find out more detail about them.
JABRA EVOLVES 75
Described as “The best wireless headset for concentration in the open office” by the Jabra team, it’s not to dissimilar to the Jabra Evolve headsets, high quality for all day use, comfortable, even for people with glasses and with sound quality so amazing if you use it for music, you will be highly rewarded. Read also: Plantronics Voyager Focus vs Jabra Evolve 65.
There’s a wide range available including UC (Unified Communications) and MS (Microsoft Skype). Basically order a UC version if you want to use it with your PC or laptop via USB, or MS for your deskphone/mobile phone (3.5mm jack).
It does however carry with it a higher spec including a substantial active noise cancellation upgrade and larger, more padded cushions for what they describe themselves as “superior comfort.”
| ||Jabra Evloves 75 ||Evolve 80
|Best Offer||click here||click here
|Product Dimensions ||8.25 x 6.5 x 2 inches|
|8.46 x 9.13 x 2.24 inches
|Shipping Weight||6.2 ounces|
However, this prestige new design has four microphones with the said active noise cancellation (ANC) , making it possibly the best yet for such purposes. It has also been optimised for Skype for Business (MS versions only) making it a useful headset for a busy, modern workplace environment. To clarify, the 75 is a far superior and higher end headset with improved similarities to its older cousins.
The Jabra Evolve 75 comes equipped with world-class speakers for music and high-definition (HD) voice for crystal clear calls. Dual Bluetooth connectivity supports calls and music by allowing the user to simultaneously pair the headset with two connected devices, such as a computer and smartphone.
- HD voice for crystal clear calls and music
- Superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and an integrated busylight to reduce noise and interruptions
- Wireless range of up to 100 feet from your laptop and 33 from your smartphone
- Flexibility to connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time for calls and music – for example, both a computer and a smartphone
- Integration with leading UC platforms including Skype for Business and Cisco
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Leather-feel ear cushions and an on-the-ear wearing style for all day comfort
- Discreet boom-arm that can be clipped into the headband when not on calls
- Easy-to-reach button on the ear cup, allows users to hear announcements without removing the headset
- Easy charging and docking comes with an optional charging stand to eliminate battery concerns
JABRA EVOLVES 80
Evolve 80 is designed as much for listening to music as it is for chatting. The vinyl-covered ear cushions form part of a large conventional headphone frame that incorporates a boom microphone that can be pushed upwards and out of the way when you’re not using it. The Evolve 80 isn’t quite as comfy as the Bose QC35, but it does have a few rather clever tricks up its sleeve.
Like the Bose QC35, the Jabra Evolve 80 includes active noise-cancellation; by using microphones to monitor the ambient noise in a room, the noise-cancelling circuitry subtracts the ambient noise and virtually eliminates all the low-end and rumbling frequencies that usually make listening to headphones in offices, on airplanes or trains so problematic. The efficiency of the noise cancellation is definitely on a similar level to that offered by Bose, which is state of the art at the moment.
The Evolve 80 is fitted with a 3.5mm jack that means it will work with all smartphones, tablets and laptops. This makes it simple for using when you’re out on the road. There’s a soft carrying case provided but the headset is quite large, even with the earcups folded flat; possibly a bit too large for putting in small work bag.
The Evolve 80 comes with a puck-style USB controller that connects it to a PC or Mac, as well as compatible with smartphone and tablets. The puck has buttons for volume control, muting, call acceptance etc. There’s also a clever feature called Intelligent Call Transfer that enables you to shift your conversation seamlessly between devices.
In addition to Intelligent Call Transfer, the Evolve 80 has red illuminated circles on each earcup that you can activate to warn colleagues that you’re busy or on a call and don’t want to be interrupted.
When it comes to audio, the music performance of the Evolve 80 is extremely good. It’s perfect for listening to some tunes between phone calls or if you’re watching a movie. For phone and VoIP use the audio drivers are more than adequate and provide superb clarity when making phone calls.
A perennial problem when using a headset is the absence of something called ‘sidetone’. This is the term for when there’s a small amount of voice being fed back to your earpiece so that you don’t end up shouting at your caller.
Jabra Evloves 75 vs Evolve 80
- Outstanding sound for calls and music - World-class speakers and HD voice for crystal-clear calls and music
- Microphone frequency range 150 hertz - 6.8 kilohertz. Reduce noise and interruptions - Superior - ANC and integrated busy light acts as a ‘do not disturb’ sign to enhance productivity
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: - A2DP (v1.2), hands free (v1.6), Headset (v1.2), AGHFP (v1.6). Bluetooth wireless technology: Bluetooth 4.0. Dual Bluetooth connectivity for calls and music. Flexibility to move up to 100 feet/30 meter away from your connected device
- Active noise cancellation uses advanced microphones to monitor and counter ambient noise. Talk-time - Up to 15 hours. Battery time (with ANC activated) - Up to 30 hours. Charging time - Max. 120 minutes
- INCREASE AGENT FOCUS Along with ANC; an integrated busy light notifies colleagues when a call is in process to avoid interruptions. You can also manually activate it to create your own concentration zone and keep from being disturbed whenever required
- WORLD CALL SOUND Find inspiration in sound with an immersive music experience delivered by world class speakers in this premium around the ear work headset
- ALL DAY COMFORT With leather feel ear cushions and around the ear design; this Jabra headset is built for comfortable all day use
- COMPATIBILITY TheJabra - Evolve 80 Wired Headset works with all leading UC platforms. Certified for Skype for Business; Cisco; and more. Plus; it features simple plug and play setup with a USB A; USB C; or 3.5mm jack connection options
This slightly bulky headset is superb for cancelling extraneous noises and it provides really clear speech thanks to its excellent microphone. If you spend a lot of your time talking over Skype, Facetime or listening to conference calls using any of the voice apps that Jabra supports, you can’t do better than the Jabra Evolve 80. Whether you use it with a smartphone or a laptop, this headset sets the standard for managing voice calls and listening to music virtually anywhere.