Communicating through PC or laptop is common in various business settings and just like other activities, your device or peripheral will play an important role in deciding the quality of the output, including the sound and voice. For those looking at a new headset, MPOW 071 Vs MPOW HC6 are two good and affordable options in the market. Mostly purchased for business environments, they are easy to use and able to perform really well too but, do check our comparison below to know which of them will be your better choice.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- How to Choose a New Headset for Computer
- What are MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6
- What MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Look Like
- How are the Sound Quality of MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6
- What are the Features of MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6
- Are MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Comfortable
- MPOW 071 Vs MPOW HC6
Choosing for a New Headset
In many cases, a regular computer is not equipped with a speaker and microphone which is why it is necessary to add another peripheral into the setup such as a headset or a headphone and a standalone microphone. Even if you are using a laptop that in most cases already features a built-in speaker and microphone, the sound quality coming out of them is not going to be the best and not sufficient for most applications. We may be fine with just listening to short audio but for more serious purposes, including games, a specific peripheral will be the wiser option.
If you are here then it means you are looking for a new device too, in order to help improve the sound quality. Compared to using a separate headphone and microphone, using a headset is seen to be more convenient because we don’t have a complicated setup and there is nothing above the table, because usually a microphone will capture some noise when a user accidentally hits or type on the table. Headsets can be cheaper as well without much fuss and setup as they are usually plug-and-play.
| ||Mpow 071||Mpow hc6
|Best Offer||click here||click here
|Product Dimensions ||2.17 x 8.15 x 6.97 inches||7.32 x 6.01 x 4.8 inches
|Shipping Weight||5 ounces||4.8 ounces
The headset option will also follow the type of setup we have since office desk phones with corded and wireless choice will have a different product choice as well as with PC/Computer that use either wired or wireless type of connectivity. For PC or laptop users, the first factor we need to check is probably their connectivity itself; whether it is a regular 3.5mm jack or USB connector and if it is USB, then what type of USB its, depends on your main device because different computers/laptops may use different ports.
Besides the type of connector, depending on the user’s need, we can choose between wired and wireless type as well. Wired type will be more robust when it comes to sound quality as we don’t need to worried about the signal and they are cheaper as well but if you sometimes got a missed calls during visit to the bathroom or when have to leave the desk for a while, the wireless type will be more suitable so then we can use them while away.
In addition, you may want to think about the working environment too. For a headset, not only the headphone but also the microphone will be important and if you are working in a room with noises from other sources, it is best to also consider getting a noise-cancelling type, including if you are working in a regular office.
About MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6
Now when you already consider these factors, it is time to see what the market has to offer since there are so many of them out there. If this headset is only used from time to time, any headset should be sufficient but if this is used often or for professional purpose then we should invest a little bit more. Some headphones can sound amazing but not as good when you talk into it and vice versa but there are also many that deliver good performance both on the speaker and microphone side.
Among those headsets that promise good sound quality, MPOW will be a great choice or brand to consider. They have various options to choose from that are mostly similar to each other so it can be a bit confusing but they are very affordable as well, such as the popular MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6. These headsets are probably among the most well-known when it comes to wired office headset because of the quality and many people like them for the long lasting and wonderful performance while also still being very affordable.
Being from the same company, many products are very much the same to each other including MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6. These headsets boast crystal clear microphone that can capture your voice without much noise so we can communicate with the other parties properly with minimal distortion. They are also built to last and convenient for different types of applications including some casual chatting through an app for a more professional purpose such as in an office setting when you need to communicate with customers.
In general you can get everything a headset is built for including the comfort side as they are designed to let the user wear them in a particularly long hours. They are also not far different on the price point with HC6 being slightly more expensive and released after the 071 so there are also high chances there won’t be a prominent technological difference between the two. In our opinion we can go well with just any of these favorite headsets. Read also: Corsair Virtuoso vs SteelSeries Arctis Pro.
MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Design
Just like most headsets out there, MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 are not very distinct when it comes to design, unlike the gaming section with RGB and over ear cups. These headsets are modest in style and have smaller ear cups that sit nicely on top of your ear without covering them fully so they are rather narrow for those used with huge headphones. What’s interesting is how they are equipped with both 3.5mm jack and USB plug to match the common connector type in your PC or laptop.
Side by side the most noticeable difference between MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 is their ear cups where the HC6 stitches are at the back of the padding hence it is rounder or smoother on the ears but the thickness is almost the same and with the missing space inside the padding, the newer headsets did feels more cushiony or plush. The cable is not braided but is thick enough to sustain wear and they are also pretty long at 7 and 9 feet respectively.
MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Sound Quality
When it comes to headsets, the sound quality is the most important and here both MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 are just as good. Business headsets like these two have to offer a clear sound so we can hear the people on the other side clearly and optimize the communication. Listening to what the other parties have to talk over these headsets, we can clearly understand what they are talking about and there is no annoying noise as well that often happens with similar headsets.
They are not amazing for music however because it just felt lacking in various parts and it is noticeable that the two are designed only for communication purposes. As long as the connection or network is good, we can listen to the other person really well without any disturbance, regardless using the 3.5mm jack or the USB. On the microphone side, both of them use a unidirectional, noise-cancelling microphone which captures sound only from one side to minimize any other sound sources getting into the way.
MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Feature
On the feature part however, there is not much to talk about because MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 are very basic with a remote control installed on the cable. This remote is featured with several buttons for controlling the headsets and while the design is a little bit different, the type of functionalities are the same. First we have a button to mute their microphone and we also have a button to mute the headphone with a middle button to adjust their volume level conveniently.
MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 Comfort
Talking about comfort, what we like the most from MPOW 071 and MPOW HC6 is their lightweightness as the structure is made from plastic and quite thin as well. The HC6 however, is improved on the headband as the top area is made to be wider and replacing the plastic with synthetic leather-like band, in order to enhance comfort compared to the thinner 071. Both of the ear cups are swiveling to provide the best position and the microphone is also adjustable.
But, the older MPOW 071 is also more flexible on the microphone adjustment as you can move it away from the mouth yet, the HC6 makes it possible to completely get the microphone out of the way which may be preferred by most people. With the new ear cup padding style, the HC6 feels plusher and the sound source feels closer than the older headset.
Mpow 071 Vs Mpow hc6
Both of these headsets are amazing in terms of performance and for business purposes where the focus is sound clarity and comfort. The two are able to deliver a good sounding audio both on the speaker and microphone so we can maximize the efficacy of communicating but, in comparison HC6 is probably more comfortable for most people because of the plush padding and flatter headband. We personally like the microphone setup as you can rotate it away.
- Crystal Clear Chat Headset: Built in unidirectional microphone which can be twisted discretionary and picks up your voice loud & clear; Reduces unwanted background noise for clear conversation; Great ideal for Dragon speak, Online courses, Skype chat, call center, conference calls, webinar presentations and more.
- 3.5mm Jack / USB Plug Connection Options: The 3.5mm jack audio cable can be detached from the control box which gives you an additional connection option for Phones and Tablet; Or you can use the USB plug with control box to work with PC; Long headset's cord offers flexibility to move around.
- Noise Reduction Sound Card & Easy Access Control: Convenient inline Volume Switch & Mic / Speaker Mute for easy access; A Built-in noise-reduction sound card of the control box lower noise output from devices; Provide outstanding audio on both transmit and receive.
- Extended Wear Comfort: Headband and fluffy earpads pad with memory foam and wrapped by skin-friendly protein leather; Comfortably fit your head with the adjustable steel slider; Gentle Reminder: Depending on your head / ear size / shape, it may be a little tight for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage; In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hours to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use.
- Noise Canceling Boom Design: 270-degree rotatable microphone ensures precise positioning and optimal noise cancellation, maintaining peripheral vision of customer service while helping to ensure customers hear every word. It can also be worn on the left or right ear as you like.
- All Day Comfort: Mpow Skype Headsets provide representative customer service with an ultra-light fit. Made of faux fur ear cushions, leather headband, it is comfortable enough to wear all day, on your longest calls, especially for intensive phone users, including formal customer service centers, help desks, Telesales and organizations Customer service.
- Wide Compatibility: It is ideal for using a PC-based audio / video conferencing device as well as a mobile device via the 3.5mm audio jack. Compatible with Windows 2000/7/8/10 / XP / Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet PC. Note: Please choose USB connection if you want mute function.
- LISTEN TO YOURSELF: These USB PC headsets support hearing your own voice. Please do the following steps in Windows: control panel, sound, recording, microphone, listen, listen to this device, play through this device, speaker.
When it comes to sound quality both of them are good options as they are clear and allow you to communicate effectively but for the comfort side we like the HC6 better for the rounded padding and microphone setup.